Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is an option that offer by Epic for helping secure your account. It is also needed for gifting and other features. In this article, we are going to share how to enable two factor authentication (2FA) on Fortnite Epic Games.
WHAT IS TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA)
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an optional sign-in feature which can provide an additional security for your Fortnite account.
HOW DO I OPT-IN?
If you opt in to the 2FA feature, then each time you sign in using your password, you are going to receive a security code for use over a short period of time. This security code will be sent to you through the verification method that you selected in your account settings. As we know that there are two methods in getting 2FA security codes; currently, 2FA security codes can be obtained through either an authentication app or via your Epic Games email address.
If you want to sign in, then you are going to be asked to submit 2FA security code from your preferred 2FA method (email or app). After you submit the 2FA security code , then you are going to be signed into your Fortnite account. For your information, you are going to be asked to submit a 2FA security code in the situations such as below:
- When you first time sign in, after enabling 2FA feature.
- If you sign in to your account using a new device.
- If it has been over 30 days since you last signed in your account.
- If you recently cleared your cookies of browser.
There are some steps to opt in to Two-Factor Authentication.
- If you are under the “Account” page where your settings are, so you are able to click on the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab to see your security settings.
- Then, when you are at the bottom of the page, exactly when you are under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION heading, so you have to click to ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION as your two-factor method.
If you want to use an authenticator app for two-step authentication (2FA), so you are able to use these common authenticator apps that can be found in your mobile device app store:
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
Well, the text above is a way to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Now, you are able to breathe freely because you have already protect your Fortnite account with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
In other case, you may want to disable Two-factor Authentication (2FA) on your Epic account. If you want to disable Two-factor Authentication (2FA) on your Epic account, so you are able to do that by following the steps below:
- At the first step, you are able to visit your Fortnite account.
- After that, you have to select the tab Password & Security.
- The next step that you have to do is to select the DISABLE button related to the 2FA method you enabled: DISABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or DISABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION.