There are some advantages that you are able to get if you enable 2FA On your Fortnite account. You will not only get your account protected, but also you will be able to unlock Boogie Down Emote on Fortnite Battle Royale; get some items in the Save the World including 50 Armory Slots, 10 Backpack Slots, and 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama; and you will also be able to send gifts.
On February 2019, Epic Games released new Valentine’s Day event on Fortnite with a new glider. At that time, you probably wanted to send this glider as a gift but you could not do this since you did not activate the 2FA in your account. So, if now you want to send any gift to your friends on Fortnite, you have to enable this 2FA feature. How to enable it?
- First, access the Account Settings and there, you have to click on the Password & Security tab so that you are able to view your security settings.
- After that, at the bottom of the page, under the Two Factor Authentication heading, you have to click on Enable Authenticator App or Enable Email Authentication as your two factor method. If you choose to use an authenticator app for two step verification, there are some common authenticator apps that you are able to find in your mobile device app store. Those are Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and Authy.
Now, after you enabled this feature, you are able to send gifts to your friends. If you want to send a gift, when you choose an item from the shop, there will be an option whether you want to buy it for you or as a gift. If you want to buy it as a gift for your friend, after you have picked a friend to send the gift to, you are able to add a personalized message. Then, the recipient will get the gift in an item box the next time they login to play Fortnite.
If you want to send gift for your friends on Fortnite, there are several things that you need to know. Before you send a gift:
- You have to make sure that you have enabled the 2FA in your account.
- You need to reach level 2 or higher.
- You must have been friends with somebody for at least 48 hours before you are able to send a gift to them.
- You are only able to gift three times within a 24 hour period.
- Any gifts that are bought cannot be refundable.
- You are only able to gift an item which is currently available in the Item Shop.
In Fortnite Battle Royale, there are some things that you are not able to gift and those are:
- Real money offers
- Items which are not currently in the item shop
- Items which are already in your locker
- Some store items such as Battle Pass Tier Bundles
You have to know that not all platforms can be used to send gifts. Platforms that can be used to send gifts are PC, Android, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One.