When you open your Fortnite account on another device and then you see that all of your purchases including skins are gone, you may be panic. You have collected a lot of things in the game and now you see that there is nothing. You are surely panic. But you do not have to be like this since there is a possibility of why it can disappear and how to try to fix it.
First, you have to think again whether you reset it or not. It is important for you to know that if your account was reset unexpectedly to level 1 for example and then you see that you miss the items that you purchases and also your progress, it maybe because your console was disconnected from your Epic Games account.
How can it happen? You need to know that your Epic account is what holds all your saved data and it is not your connected console account. So, if your console account is disconnected from your Epic account, when you go to play on your console in the next time, it will have no Epic account to use. The game will ask you to sign in or create a new account. If you choose not to sign in, it will make a new Epic account that has no data so you are able to keep playing. You are able to try to fix this kind of issue by re-connecting your console account to your Epic account.
However, there are some things that you have to do to be able to re-connect your console account and resolve the issue.
- First, you need to sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account.
- Then, you have to verify your email address.
- Now, you have to disconnect your console account from the account with no data.
- The last, you have to link or connect your console account to the Epic account that you want.
How to sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account? You have to register your account so you are able to disconnect the console account from the Epic account that was recently made. Here are the steps.
- You have to go to epicgames.com on your computer and make sure that you are signed out.
- Now, you have to click on Sign In or the silhouette icon and do not sign in. Then, the Your Community Awaits page will display.
- Now, you have to click on the icon for the console you want to connect to Epic and you should choose the console you use to play an Epic game. You will be brought to register your account after signing in.
- In this step, you are able to register your Epic account, complete all required fields and then click on the Save Changes.
- You will have to verify your email, disconnect your console account from the account with no data and also connect or link your console account to the Epic account that you want.
To help you do this, you are able to watch some videos about it such as video of cloud9 ninjuh entitled Fortnite Lost All Skins How To Fix, a video of Itz Splash entitled Fortnite Lost Skins|How To Get Them Back Fix and many more.