You may be very curious and want to know the information about whether Xbox One and PS4 can play Fortnite together. Apparently, you are at the right page, here we are going to talk about that. So, please do not go anywhere and find out the information you need.
Based on the research, Now, all Xbox One and PS4 players are going to be grouped into the same pool for matchmaking in Fortnite’s battle royale mode. The players are going to still technically have to opt in to agree to play against the players on the opposite console. But Epic Games is not really leaving players much of a choice: the ones who do not opt in will be limited to just Creative mode and Playgrounds mode.
Along with the grouping of Xbox One and PS4 players in the same matchmaking pool, the Nintendo Switch which had previously been placed in the same group with the other consoles, is getting bumped down to the mobile pool. It means that now the players of Nintendo Switch are going to be placed in games against iOS and Android users by default. Aside from that, Epic says it combined those player groups to provide an average better per-game experience for both Nintendo Switch and Mobile players. Then, on a broader level, Epic says that the newly merged Xbox One/PS4 and mobile/Nintendo Switch pools are for optimizing purposes that will allow it to run more playlists while supporting more data center locations.
For those who are on Xbox One, you may want to know how to crossplay with the players on PS4. Here are steps you can do.
- Firstly you need to link your Epic Games account with your Xbox Live account. You are able to do this at the official Fortnite site.
- The second step, you can add the people you want to play with as an Epic Games friend from the Epic Games Launcher on PS4.
- Now, you have to hit the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and navigate to Epic Friends in the menu that loads.
- The next step that you have to do is to set your Fortnite privacy settings to Public or Friends.
- Please select Duos or Squad mode and now your friends on PS4 can join your game.
If you are on PS4 and want to play with a friend on Xbox One, so you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you need to link your Epic Games account with your Xbox Live account.
- The second step, you have to add your friend as an Epic Games friend from the Epic Games Launcher on Xbox One.
- After that, you have to ask the Xbox One player to set their Fortnite privacy settings to Public or Friends.
- Finally, at the moment, you are able to join your friend’s lobby and play Fortnite together.