In order to send or receive the gifts in Fortnite, at least you have to enable the Two Factor Authentication feature on your Epic Games account. Even though it is a simple way to do but in fact there are many users who seem indisposed to enable it. Then, you may also wonder whether you can receive the gifts without enabling 2FA or not. Check the facts out!
Receive the gifts in Fortnite by enabling the 2FA
Of course, we emphasize that you totally can receive the gifts in Fortnite after enabling the 2FA on your account. It means that you cannot receive or send the gifts in Fortnite if you do not enable the 2FA first. In other words, without enabling 2FA, you cannot receive the gifts in Fortnite.
Well, here are some facts you should know for gifting’s system in Fortnite:
- You should enable Two-Factor Authentication before you send a gift.
- You have to reach level 2 or higher before sending a gift.
- You already have at least one friend for 48 hours before you can send a gift.
- The gift cannot be refunded.
- You can only gift three times to different friends within a 24 hour period.
- A gift can be sent which is currently available in the Fortnite Item Shop.
Well, those are some requirements that you should notice when you want to receive or send a gift in Fortnite.
Of course, not all items can be sent as a gift in Fortnite. Some of them are forbidden items to send as a gift. Here are some items that you can’t send as a Fortnite gift:
- Battle Passes
- Offers that use real money
- Items are not currently in the Item Shop
- Items are already in your Locker
To note, all gifts are non-refundable items so make sure to not refund the gift.
The gifting feature is exclusively available in some platforms including Android, PC, PlayStation, Switch and Xbox One. Say sorry for iOS users, you definitely cannot send and also receive a gift. Well, the gifting feature is not available on iOS as Apple’s policies prohibit it.
How to send a gift to your friends after enabling the 2FA?
You may also wonder how to send a gift to your friend after enabling the 2FA on your Epic Games account. If you are really interested in sending a gift to your friends, let’s follow some ways below!
- First, make sure that you’ve enabled the 2FA on your Epic Games account.
- Then, go to the Fortnite in-game store.
- Now, you will be presented with two option: “Purchase Items” and “Buy As A Gift”
- Because you want to send a gift to your friends, make sure to choose the “Buy As A Gift” option.
- Make sure to select one recipient from your friends list.
- Once you choose the option, you can add a custom message if you want.
- Then, send it and you are totally done to send a gift to your friend.
- Finally, you will see the gifting pop-up screen in which you successfully sent a special gift to your friends in Fortnite.
Congratulations! Your friend now receives the gift that you sent.
Getting an error to send a gift!
However, there are some reasons why you are getting errors when you want to send a gift to your friends. Here they are:
- You’ll fail when you try to give an item to a player who already has that item.
- You just can send a gift at least 5 gifts per day. If you exceed the total amount of gifts, we guarantee that you will fail to gift. To enable it back at least you need to wait for 24 hours before you’re able to send more gifts.
- If you are trying to send a gift to your friends which you have for less than three days, the gifting will totally fail. Moreover, you should already have at least one friend for 48 hours before you can send a gift.
Here’s how to enable the 2FA!
Well, how to enable the Two Factor Authentication on Epic Games account? So, let’s follow multiple ways in enabling the 2FA below!
- First thing first, go to official Epic Games site at epicgames.com
- Once you access the site, log into your Fortnite account
- After that, you need to open account settings at the top right of the screen.
- In this step, select PASSWORD AND SECURITY.
- Scroll to the bottom until you find Two-Factor Authentication Menu.
- Here, you can see three methods to enable the 2FA, including Enable Authenticator App, Enable SMS Authentication and Enable Email Authentication.
- Make sure to choose one of them or you can try one-by-one if needed.
- After that, you can follow for the next steps until the 2FA is successfully enabled.
- After you have enabled the 2FA, you certainly will get a security code over a short period of the time.
- Moreover, the security code here will be sent to you depending on the verification method that you can choose in your account settings.
- After you receive the security code, of course, there is none who can login to your account even if they have your email and password to log in.
- Finally, enabling the 2FA on your Epic Games account is successfully done.
Well, that’s a great way to make your account still safe and secure, isn’t it?
Now, it is a good time for you to protect your account from unwanted things at all. Ensure to follow our ways without any missing steps.
Get the rewards after enabling the 2FA!
After you enabled the Two Factor Authentication on your Epic Games account, you absolutely will get:
For Fortnite Battle Royale: You’ll unlock the Boogie Down Emote.
For Save the World mode: You’ll unlock some rewards including:
- 1 Legendary Troll stash Llama,
- 50 Armory Slots
- 10 Backpack Slots
Unfortunately, if the rewards are not showing, you can try to restart Fortnite. The reward fails to be claimed is generally caused by any Fortnite’s system issue. So it’s better for you to restart the Fortnite app as soon as possible after enabling the 2FA.