In Fortnite game, there is a cross platform feature. You may have enabled it and then now you want to disable it but you do not know how to do it since you play Fortnite on Xbox. In this article, we are going to explain how to disable cross platform Fortnite on Xbox and also another console.
Fortnite Chapter 2 shows a new beginning for the game as it introduced a brand new map and also a host of new mechanics. There are a lot of Fortnite players who have issues with the implementation of cross play between all platforms as it has changed an unfair advantage for some. Let’s take an example. Players on the Switch play at 30 FPS with it often dropping below that. However, they are in the similar lobby as PC players so they are at an extreme disadvantage. If you play on Xbox One or PS4 you are able to turn off or disable cross platform play.
Before we explain how to disable the Cross Platform, let’s find out the ways to cross platform play on Fortnite Xbox One. Xbox One users can crossplay with players on PC, Mac, mobile and PS4. To do this, you have to link your Xbox One account with your Epic Games account. How to play with others on mobile, Mac and PC while you are on Xbox One? Follow the steps below.
- First, you have to link your Epic Games account with your Xbox Live account.
- Then, add the people that you want to play with as an Epic Games friends from Epic Games Launcher on PC, Mac or from the game on mobile or via the main menu of the game on Xbox One.
- Now, you have to set your Fortnite privacy settings to Public or Friends.
- After that, choose Duos or Squad mode.
- Your friend on another platform can join your party now.
How to disable the Cross Platform on Fortnite? If you are on Xbox, you are able to follow the steps below to disable the Cross Platform on Fortnite.
- First, you have to access Settings
- Then, you have to go to Account and then access Privacy & Online Safety
- After that, go to Xbox Live Privacy and then choose View Details and Customize and then choose Block Matchmaking Outside Xbox Live.
If you are using PS4, you are able to disable the cross platform on Fortnite by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is accessing Settings.
- Then, you have to choose Control Options.
- Now, you have to scroll down to Allow Cross Platform Parties.
For your information, it will leave those on other platforms left in the dust. However, if you play on PC, you will not really care in case there is cross play or not.
To help you more understand, you can also watch some video tutorials about how to disable Cross Platform Fortnite on Youtube. There are several videos that you can watch. Usually watching video will be easier to follow.