Are you facing the issue when you are trying to install Epic Games Launcher? In general, this problem is caused by one of two things. The first one is a prompt requesting administrator access. If you ignore, please do not see or deny this request, the install will result in this error. You should be able to fix the problem in this case by uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher.
Another possibility is something wrong with the existing Visual Studio redistributables on the machine. In this case, the followings should fix the problem.
- You can manually download and install DirectX.
- You can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). On 64bit Windows, also install Microsoft VisualCC 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
- You can install Visual C++ Redisributable for Visual Studio 2012. On 32bit Windows, install vcredist_x86.exe and on 64bit Windows, install both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x84.exe.
- You can install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. On 32bit Windows, install vcredist_x86.exe and on 64bit Windows, install both vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe.
- You can install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015. On 32bit Windows, install vcredist_x86.exe and on 64bit Windows, install both vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe.
- You can install the newest version of the Epic Games Launcher. You are able to download the newest version of Epic Games Launcher by visiting the official website of it and clicking GET EPIC GAMES in the upper right corner.
If the workaround above does not work, you are able to also try the following. First of all, you need to make sure the computer is up to date and has the newest Service Packs. To do this, you need to navigate to Start > Control Panel > System and Security. Under the Windows Update heading, please choose Check for updates. After that, install any updates. The second thing that you have to make sure is running as an Administrator in your computer. You can do it by navigating to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts and selecting Manage User Accounts. If you are an Administrator, the option named Administrators will be listed next to your username under Group. Another thing that you need to make sure is you have read or write access to the chosen install path. First, navigate to the chosen install location. Second, right click and choose Properties. Third, choose the Security tab. Fourth, choose the username in the Group or user names box. Fifth, please verify that there is a check under Allow aside from both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
If no one of those methods cannot help you, it is better for you to contact the customer service of Epic Games directly. The contact information is able to be found on the official website of Epic Games. Another way that you are able to try is to go to the Epic Games community and seek a help from the members of the community.