Recently, there are many Fortnite players who reported that Fortnite is not loading or stuck on loading screen. Of course, this is frustrating. But, you do not worry about that. Here, we are going to share some ways to fix Fortnite crash on launch or stuck on loading screen PC.
It is likely that there are buggy problems in your game that stop your game from loading. Meanwhile your graphics card issue can also cause the Fortnite stuck on loading screen. Sometimes it is hard to identify the reason, but there are some ways you are able to do to fix it.
REINSTALL FORTNITE IN YOUR COMPUTER
Since lots of technical problems can be resolved by restarting, so it never wrong to restart your device. Then, you can open Fortnite again to see whether it fixes the problem. If your Fortnite still crash on launch or stuck on loading screen, so you are able to try reinstalling your game. There may be update or patch for Fortnite, now you are able to reinstall your Fortnite to the latest version.
SET YOUR GRAPHICS SETTINGS TO LOW
If your game settings is set High, it is possible that your Fortnite is not loading or stuck on loading screen. So, you have to set your Fortnite graphics settings to Low. To do that, you are able to follow these steps below:
- Head to your Fortnite Settings and Video Settings.
- Check the video settings and adjust them respectively
- Display Resolution: set to the same resolution to the resolution as your display in your computer
- Quality: low or medium
- View Distance: medium or far
- Shadows: off
- Anti-Aliasing: off
- Textures: low
- Effects: low
- Show FPS: On
Please save your game settings, and restart your computer to see if your Fortnite loads properly.
RUN FORTNITE AS ADMINISTRATOR
Runing your game as administrator is able to grant admin rights to run your game in your computer, and this will fix Fortnite not loading issue.
- The first step that you have to do is open File Explorer.
- Then, you are able to go to the folder where your Fortnite was installed.
- After that, you have to right click on the Fortnite executable and select Run as administrator.
- Now, you are able to click Yes to verify the UAC. If you are prompted to enter your admin account and password, please enter the information.
- The last, you are able to run your Fortnite as admin. Make sure that your game can load properly.
UPDATE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER
The missing or outdated drivers in your computer can cause Fortnite crash on launch or stuck on loading screen. So, you have to verify that your graphics card drivers are up to date. For your information, there are two ways to update your drivers; manually and automatically.
- Manually update drivers
You are able to update your drivers manually by downloading the latest version of your drivers from manufacturers. Then, installing it in your computer.
- Automatically update drivers
If you do not have time or patience, you are able to do it automatically with Driver Easy. Automatically Driver Easy will recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.