Now, Chapter two of Fortnite is available. You may now know how to install it on your device and you really want to play it soon. After you read this article, you will be able to play Fortnite Chapter 2 because here we are going to explain to you how to install Fortnite Chapter 2.
Fortnite Chapter 2 was released on October 15th, 2019 and the platforms that you can use for playing it are PC, mobile, Switch, Xbox One, and PS4. So, if your device is one of them, you can play Fortnite Chapter 2.
If you want to download it on your Android, you need to know that your Android must be compatible and here are the requirements.
- Android 8.0 or newer
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Ability to run 64-bit apps
- One of the following GPUs: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
To be able to install Fortnite on your Android, you have to get the EpicGamesApp.apk file to distribute and install apps. If you use a Samsung phone, you can go to the Galaxy Store app and download it there. If you use a newer Sony Xperia phone, you can find an icon on the home screen. Or, you can search for Fortnite Android and go to Epic’s website through your Android browser. Then, tap the yellow Download button and follow the prompts. Here are the steps that you can follow.
How to Download the Epic Games Android app
- First, download the EpicGamesApp APK file. You will find a warning popping up which ask you to approve the download.
- Then, you have to open the APK file by going into the downloads folder of your browser and tapping the EpicGamesApp.apk file. There will be a warn saying “for your security your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source.”
- Then, you will be brought to update your browser settings to permit you to open the APK file – “Install unknown apps – allow from this source.”
- Then, you will see a question whether you want to install this application. You have to approve to download the Epic Games app.
How to Download the Fortnite App
- First, access the Epic Games app and tap on the Fortnite banner.
- You either have the option to install the Fortnite app or be told that your device is not compatible.
- If your device is compatible, you have to tap the Install button.
- Then, a pop-up window will inform you that the game needs to take up space on your phone.
- Here, you have to permit Epic to access to the photos, media and files of your device. The Fortnite app will install and it can take a few minutes.
- After that, there will be a security window about Epic Games which pops up and you have to enable “allow from source” to be able to install Fortnite.
- Also, another window will come up which prompts you to install Fornite and you have to click on Install.
How to Install Fornite for Android
- First, you have to open the Fortnite app and enable the app access to your storage, contacts and microphone.
- If your phone is running a new version of Android, you might see a window pop up which lets you know that Fortnite was built for an older version of Android.
- Now, you have to log in to your Epic Games account.
- At the end, you will be asked to install the meat of the game and it occupies 5.63GB of storage.