Command Line Arguments are strings of keywords which you are able to pass once you are running the executable via the command line or a shortcut to the executable. Their aim is for customizing the manner in which the engine runs to suit the needs of the developer or the user. This is able to be as simple as causing the editor to run instead of the game. Or it is able to be much more relevant like starting up the game with a certain map running at a specified resolution, and frame rate while dumping out each frame to individual image files.
Talking about Command Line Arguments, you may come to this page to search for the information about Fortnite additional Command Line Arguments. Is it alright? You may looking for this information because you want to improve the overall performance in Fortnite. You are at the right place, here you are able to get the information you want.
Apparently, there are many ways you can do to improve the overall performance in Fortnite. One of ways is Advanced settings. There is a step that you need to check Additional Command Line Arguments. To make you more understand, here is a way to do Advanced settings.
- At the first step, you have to open the Epic Games launcher.
- With Fortnite selected, you are able to press the Settings icon next to the green launch button.
- After that, you have to check Additional Command Line Arguments.
- Just paste the text into the field.
- Then, you need to find the Fortnite executable on your PC.
- In this step, you are able to right-click the file and select Properties.
- Now, please open the Compatibility tab and check Override high DPI scaling behavior.
In improve the overall performance in Fortnite, you are able also to consider some basic settings. The first thing that you have to do is to head over to the settings page on the video tab, and apply the following settings:
- Set Window Mode to Full screen.
- Set the Frame Rate Limit to Unlimited
- Make sure 3D Resolution is at 100%.
- Set View Distance to Medium
- Set Shadows to Off
- Set Anti-Aliasing to Off
- Set Textures to Medium
- Set Effects to Low
- Set Post Processing to Low
- Set Vsync to Off
- Set Motion Blur to Off
- Set Show Grass to Off
With those settings we have hit the high 200s to low 300s FPS.
This part is for Nvidia GPUs only. Firstly, you have to open the NVIDIA Control Panel and navigate to Manage 3D Settings. After that, you are able to select the tab Program Settings and find Fortnite. Then, you have to set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1, Power Management Mode to Prefer maximum performance, disable Vertical Sync and enable Threaded Optimization. Actually, this is only a little bit of an improvement, but it will help you.