When you want to try something in this case is cross platform, but then it does not work, surely you will be annoyed. The thing that makes you more annoyed is that you do not know what you have to do to fix this issue.
What kind of issue do you have so that the Fortnite cross platform that you want to play does not work? You have to know what is the reasons of why it does not work. If you try to play cross platform on your console but then you do not see the Epic Friends button in the main menu, your Epic account may have cross platform parties disabled. If it happens, you must enable it and make sure that your privacy settings are Friends or Public.
There are some steps that you have to follow to re-enable cross platform parties so that you are able to play cross platform again. Here are the steps to follow.
- The first step, you have to choose the Fortnite menu icon in your console.
- Second, you need to choose the icon which is like a gear and when the settings page displays, you have to make sure that you are on the gear-shaped tab.
- Third, scroll to Allow Cross Platforms Parties and then select the right arrow to turn it on.
- Fourth, you have to return to the lobby and choose the menu icon. The Epic Friends button should now be displayed.
- Fifth, you have to choose Epic Friends and then choose add Epic Friends icon to begin adding friends.
You also need to check your Game Privacy Settings and you are able to do that by following the steps below.
- Choose the Fortnite menu icon when you are in Fortnite.
- Then, you need to set the Check the Game Privacy settings button to Friends or Public. If it is set to Private, choose the Privacy button and Friends or Public and then choose Apply.
Try to follow the steps above to make you enable to play cross platform again. If you have applied the steps above but it still cannot work, joining a forum and make a thread about it can be done by you. You can ask other Fortnite players in the forum and then discuss it with them. Who knows that they have solution for you.
Watching some video tutorials about issues related to Cross Platform in Fortnite can also be one of the ways that you are able to do to fix the issue. Some videos about it that you can watch are Fortnite – “Enable Cross Platform Parties” Doesn’t Show Up in Settings – Solved which was uploaded by Joe Chip on December 17th, 2018; How to Fix Cross Platform Settings on Fortnite (Xbox) which was uploaded by Ricks Youtube Channel on June 20th, 2018; and some other videos.
Well, these are some ways that you are able to do to fix the cross platform on Fortnite which does not work. You can try to use the methods above and then you can share it whether it works or not.