A nuclear power plant in Fortnite can be found inside the coordinates G2 and H2, north of Dirty Docks and east of Craggy Cliffs. The nuclear power plant is also well-known as Steamy Stacks as a named Point of Interest which was added to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1.
This nuclear power plant uses the energy of CUBE as a coolant for the reactor. Moreover, the facility on this POI is owned and operated by Kevolution Energy company. To know more about it, let’s see more facts below!
What Does the Nuclear Plant Power Look Like?
You totally can find the nuclear power plant by heading to Steamy Stacks. In this location, you will see the nuclear power plant which provides the entirety of the Fortnite island with visible power lines toward that of Retail Row. Generally, not many Fortnite players will drop in this location as it’s in the corner of the map which is actually a bit hard to navigate. So it does not wonder if there is always loot available here.
The Steamy Stack has four buildings each labeled, but it’s not starting from the number 1. Building 2 provides the major reactor hall which contains the energy created by the CUBE. Well, the energy which is created in building 2 will be pumped to building 4 which contains the turbine halls where the turbine creates the electricity.
The electricity created in building 4 will be sent to building 3 where the power is transformed and managed. Then, it is sent across the power lines to power the Fortnite island. While, the waste product will be sent to one of the cooling towers that is pumped into the other cooling tower within the pump room in building 5.
Furthermore, the waste actually produces high amounts of steam and also energy after it’s dumped to the point where the players are blown through the cooling waters and out of the top if they attempt to jump into the waster. Well, the waste here can also be seen disposed of into the bodies of water near the location so that it is polluting the water present there.
What Are the Functions of All Buildings in a Nuclear Power Plant?
As we’ve mentioned, there are four building that you can find in Steamy Stacks. You may wonder what the functions of all buildings in this location, considering this location is rarely touched by players especially landing there. If you really want to know the function of all buildings in a Nuclear Power Plant, see our explanation below!
- Building 2’s Function
Building 2 is the main building in this complex. This has a lobby and multiple offices inside. In this location, you can find the reactor hall which provides the main reactor in a pool of purple liquid. This room is highly contaminated and radioactive as all the entrances which are accessed through two heavy doors. The radioactive in this room does not have any actual effects for the players who enter their room.
- Building 3’s Function
This is the smallest building in this complex with the actual transformer yard fenced off. The power lines which come out of the transformers will connect to the small substation in Retail Row.
- Building 4’s Function
Building 4 provides the turbine in which the pipes coming from building 2 appear to be headed to the turbine building. Well, the electricity which is created from the turbine will be sent into building 3.
- Building 5’s Function
This building is located behind the cooling towers. This is also well-known as the pumphouse which is used to pump the waste product into the cooling waters. However, it has a large garage/ warehouse.
There are also plenty of spots that you can find in Steamy Stacks, here they are:
- Cooling Towers
- Parking Lot
- Outlets Into Ocean
- Stations near Cooling Towers
All Steamy Stacks’ Challenges
Steamy Stacks also become the location for some Fortnite challenges. Considering this location is so attractive and inviting to locate, of course, it’s not strange if Steamy Stacks can mostly be used as the Fortnite challenges location.
Well, here’s for the list of Steamy Stacks’ challenges in Fortnite:
- To deliver 10 fish to SHADOW (Reward: Meowscles SHADOW Style)
- To deliver 10 fish to GHOST (Reward: Meowscles SHADOW Style)
- To search 10 chests at Frenzy Farm or Steamy Stacks (Reward: 40,000)
- To ride the Steamy Stacks, a Zipline, and use a Secret Passage in a single match (Reward: 40,000)
- To bring 2 legendary weapons to a GHOST mailbox. (Reward: Midas SHADOW Style)
- To bring 2 legendary weapons to a SHADOW mailbox. (Reward: Midas SHADOW Style)
- To search 5 Chests in different Named Locations. (Reward: 40,000)
- To search 5 different golden pipe wrenches. (Reward: 40,000)
Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 1 Challenges
- To search Ammo Boxes at Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 35,000)
- To land a Choppa at the bottom of a Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 35,000)
- Eliminations at Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 35,000)
Storm Awakening Challenges
- Stage 2 of 3 – To ride the Steamy Stacks in the storm as Storm.
Iron Man Awakening Challenges
- Stage 2 of 3 – To use an Upgrade Bench as Tony Star
Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 3 Challenges
- To search Chests at Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 25,000)
- To visit different Named Locations in a single match. (Reward: 25,000)
- To ride a Zipline from Retail Row to Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 25,000)
- To collect Floating Rings at Steamy Stacks. (Reward: 25,000)
Those are all Fortnite challenges at Steamy Stacks.
Nuclear Reactor Hub in Creative Mode
Fortnite Creative Mode adds a new map to the game called Nuclear Reactor Hub. This map is created by snownymous. Of course, to enter this map, you surely have to know the code. Well, the code of Nuclear Reactor Hub is 2687-9239-4664. In order to enter to Nuclear Reactor Hub, you can follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to start a Creative Server.
- Then, find the featured island Rift.
- Last, you have to open Set Island Code and then enter the code above.
- You can now join the Nuclear Reactor Hub map.