This article consists of the Fortnite Vault list guide that that has a complete look at every item, weapon, and gun that has been temporarily removed from the game. Aside from that, it also takes a deeper look at why the item or weapon was particularly problematic and consider the likelihood of some of the items returning to the game in the future.
In order to help control the flow of the game Epic will periodically add items to the vault for some various reasons. Either the item was obsolete, served its purpose does not fit thematically with the season, or did not fit in the game. For those who do not know, the Fortnite Vault is where the items go to rest, but could potentially return one day in the future.
Here is the list of Fortnite Vault. Please take a note that these items are able to be brought back into the game at some point, so while they are gone at the moment, do not be surprised to see one of two of these back one day.
- Auto Sniper Rifle – Vaulted in he 11.0.0 Patch
- Boom Bow – Vaulted in the 9.3.0 Patch: This one ended up being the pretty powerful weapon, and while it was strong in the standard game play, it was very dominant in LTMs like Team Rumble.
- Burst SMG – Vaulted in the 10.30 Patch: this one kind of the weird weapon and was pretty unpopular among most players. They are generally used for spamming walls and that is not its strong suit.
- Combat Shotgun – Vaulted in the 10.2.2 Hotfix Patch: This one was starting to see the uprising from the player base due to what felt like it being quite a bit overpowered compared to he other options available. This thing did strong damage, had a fast fire rate, and could hit from long distance. This one pretty much had no weakness, that made it a must have for most players.
- Crossbow – Vaulted in the 4.0.0 Patch: This one has been vaulted in the 4.0 patch for Fortnite. It brought along Season 4 that came with a lot of big changes to the map. It was a pretty fringe weapon, only really used as the last ditch option or if you had no other gun available. The hunting riffle one is better, even without a scope due to the headshots being able to kill at any hp plus projectiles arriving at their target faster.
- Double Barrel Shotgun – Vaulted in the 7.0.0 Patch: This one is the item that was both loved and hated. It was extremely strong at the very close range and rewarded you for stuffing the barrel into the opponent face and pulling the triger. Aside from that, it also shot extremely fast, that could deal a ton of damage very quickly. The thing eventually suffered the neft, and now in Season 7 has hit the vault.