Vaulted or vault is the term used to refer the weapons or items which were released, and was later made unavailable to adjust the game’s balance due to being op and being a limited-time item to bring back a vaulted weapon out of the meta, or not being used by the players base as much. Until Patch 11.0, most of the vaulted weapons could still be found on Creative Mode.
Fortnite vaulted weapons are able to return in an update or in future LTMs. The previous Fortnite vaulted weapon was located under Loot Lake and it was a bright room with a desk that holds the vaulted weapons in the glass panes (as shown in the Unvaulting event). Once a weapon is unvaulted, it means the glass has broken, freeing the weapon and returning it to the regular world. You have to note that the new Fortnite vaulted weapon may be located behind the unbreakable door at the south of Retail Row, exactly at the POI REDACTE.
VAULTED WEAPONS LIST
- Assault Weapons: Light Machine Gun, Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle, Infantry Rifle (Tactical Assault Rifle)
- Submachine Guns: Machine Pistol, Suppressed Submachine Gun, Compact SMG, Burst SMG
- Shotguns: Heavy Shotgun, Double Barrel Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Drum Shotgun
- Pistols: Revolver, Suppressed Pistol, Hand Cannon, Dual Pistols, Six Shooter, Scoped Revolver, Flint-Knock Pistol
- Sniper Rifles: Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle, Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle (Zapotron, Heavy Sniper Rifle, Suppressed Sniper Rifle, Storm Scout Sniper Rifle, Automatic Sniper Rifle).
- Explosives: Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher (Guided Missile, Quad Launcher, Proximity Grenade Launcher
- Crossbows: Cupid’s Crossbow, Crossbow, Fiend Hunter Crossbow, Boom Bow, Melee Weapons, Swords (Infinity Blade).
- Avengers Endgame/ Infinity Gauntlet Weapons: Avengers Weapons (Captain America’s Shield, Iron Man’s Repulsors, Hawkeye’s Bow, Thor’s Stormbreaker), Chitauri Weapons (Chitauri Laser Rifle, Chitauri Energy Rifle), Thanos Weapons (Infinity Gauntlet).
- Items: Explosives (Smoke Grenade, Sneaky Snowman), Utility (Impulse Grenade, Shockwave Grenade, Air Strike, Storm Flip, Jetpack, Presents), Explosives (Dynamite, Remote Explosives, Boom Box, Clinger, Stink Bomb), Former Rarity (Chiller Grenade, Boogie Bomb), Former Rarity (Bottle Rockets), Structures (Port-a-Fortress, Port-a-Fort, Spiky Stadium), Ranged Tools (Grappler, Balloons), Healing Items (Banana, Coconut, Pepper, Ice Cream, Spicy Taco, Hop Rocks, Chug Splash), Former Rarity (Chug Jug, Slurp Juice, Shadow Stones, Rift-To-Go, Buried Treasure, Glider, Bush, Eye of the Storm Tracker).
- Traps: Energy Based (Weapon Built-in Traps), Impulse Traps (Bouncer), Damage traps (Damage Trap), Ice Based, Vehicles.
- At the start of Fortnite Season 6, most Fortnite vaulted weapons are available on the Playgrounds if a weapon is vaulted.
- This might match the description of the Vault because if it means they are not gone forever, that means they are able to still appear in playgrounds.
- Unfortunately, as of Patch 11.0, all Fortnite vaulted weapons have been removed from Playground Mode except for Vending Machines.
- The first unvaulted weapon Guided Missile is have been vaulted again.
- The original Submachine Gun has been completely reworked or has been completely removed from the game files, creating it the only weapon in the entire game to be either remade entirely or to be removed. If the original SMG was reworked, it is now known as the Machine Pistol, with a Common, Uncommon, and Rare variation.