Fortnite can be played in various devices such as Laptop, Xbox One, Android, PS4, and some other devices. If you play this game on Laptop, you may need to know how to boost FPS Fortnite. Here, we will explain it, so keep reading until the end.
You need to know what FPS is on Fortnite game. FPS stands for Frames Per Second which is the number of frames or images that your monitor displays each second. If you have the higher FPS, you will be able to see the more images and your game will look more smooth. When you play video games, you need a minimum of 60 FPS. If you have lower than this, your game will look choppy and it can ruin your gaming experience. For some people, 144 FPS is a good thing but can have 240 FPS if you are competitive gamer which plays mostly fast pace shooter games like Fortnite.
Now, you need to boost or increase your FPS in Fortnite. There are several things that you can do to boost FPS as explained below.
Update To The Latest Version of Fortnite
You need to know that Epic Games has released an update to resolve the hitching/ stuttering issues in Fortnite Season X. You have to update your game manually. Here are the steps to do that.
- You must open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Then, you have to choose Library from the list of options on the left.
- Then, you have to find Fortnite and then click the 3 dots to the left.
- Now, you have to choose Verify from the list of options.
Turn Record Replas Off
If you want to boost your FPS in Fortnite, this method is the simple thing that you are able to do. If you play Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, you can also do this. By turning replays off, it can help you maintain a steady FPS. How to apply this method? Here are the steps:
- First, you have to click the cog icon to go into Fortnite settings.
- After that, you need to choose the cog icon at the top again to be able to go to the Game Settings.
- Then, scroll all the way to the bottom so that you will find the Replays section.
- Now, you have to turn all replays off.
Adjust Your Fortnite Video Settings
This is also the simple thing that you can do to boost FPS on Fortnite. You have to set the settings like this:
- Window Mode : Fullscreen
- Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080 ( 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Frame Rate Limit : You are able to set this as your monitors refresh rate
- View Distance : Medium
- Shadows : Off
- Anti-Aliasing: Off
- Textures : Low
- Effects : Low
- Post Processing : Low
- Vsync : Off
- Motion Blur : Off
- Show FPS : On
- Allow Multithreaded Rendering : On
Well, those are some FPS Booster Fortnite that you are able to try to apply. Hopefully, it can help you to improve the experience in playing Fortnite games.