There is no way to buy V-bucks directly, and there is no way to buy a physical object you could put into a stocking or something. If you want to give Vbucks for someone, so you have to give a gift card for the platform that your giftee is playing on. In this case, if they play on Xbox One, please give them a gift card for Xbox One. Then, if they play on Nintendo Switch, please give them an eShop gift card, etc.
Apparently, there are two exceptions here: PC and Android. Both of these platforms use the Epic launcher and the players on these platforms make purchases directly from Epic Games. In this case, you are more or less out of luck once it comes to a “here’s a gift card for V-bucks” sort of item. Your best bet is to just use a regular old Visa gift card. If you are giftee plays on Android, please do not give them a Google Play gift card, because Fortnite does not run through Google Play.
So that is V-bucks. V-bucks are the most versatile thing that you are able to give your Fortnite-er. If you want something to wrap up, your best bet is the Deep Freeze Bundle, that comes with a couple of cosmetics along with some V-Bucks and allows you to give a physical object. You should still be able to find this on store shelves, essentially the entire point of this thing is so that Epic Games could put a physical object on shelves for stumped gifters to ring up at the register.
Talking about how to buy Vbucks for someone, now we are going to remind you how to buy Vbucks on a PC.
- Firstly you have to open the Microsoft Store in your internet browser.
- After that, you have to click the Search button on the top-right.
- Please type Vbucks into the search bar. Matching results is going to appear in a drop-down as you type. On some computers, you may will see the search bar in the top left corner of the page instead.
- Now, you are able to click the V-Bucks package you want to buy. This is going to open the selected V-Bucks package’s details on a new page. You are able to buy 1000, 2500, 4000 or 10000 V-Bucks at once.
- Please click the Buy button. If you are already signed in, you will be prompted to confirm your purchase in a pop-up window. But, if you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account now.
- Please sign in to your Microsoft account. You will need to sign in to your Microsoft account in order to complete your purchase.
- Please click change next to your payment method (optional).
- Now, you are able to click Buy in the purchase window. It is a blue button in the lower-right corner of the confirmation window. This is going to charge your selected payment method, and complete your purchase.