There are a lot of devices that you are able to use for playing Fortnite. How about Macbook Air Pro? Can we play Fortnite in this device? If we can, how to download it and how to play it? Here, we are going to inform about it for you as the user of Macbook Air Pro.
Well, the first things that you have to do to know whether you MacBook can be used for playing Fortnite or not is that your MacBook must meet the requirements. Based on the site of Epic Games, there are some requirements which must be met by your Mac to play Fortnite. Those are:
- OS: OS 10.12 Sierra
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Core i3
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Video: Intel HD 4000
- Hard Drive: 19 GB
If your Mac is from 2012 or newer, you may be able to play the game. As we know that Macs have not been known for their video game experience. The hardware of Macs was not designed to run demanding video games. Then, in the late 2000s, Apple switched to standardized hardware. But, it does not guaranteed that video games will run smoothly. Thankfully, Fortnite on Mac is optimized to be able to run on a range of different hardware configuration.
Now, how to download Fortnite on Mac? Follow the steps below.
- First, open your browser and you have to access Epic Games site. The download should start soon but if not you are able to choose Mac Icon to initiate the download manually.
- Then, you have to run the Epic Games launcher installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, you have to sign in or create a new Epic Games account. The account will be similar as that used on PS4, PC, iOS, Xbox One, or Android if you have already played on another platform.
- The Epic Games Launcher should open on the Fortnite page default. If not, you are able to click on Fortnite on the top bar and then click Install to be able to install the game.
- If the game has been installed, you are free to hit Play and you are able to play into a game of Fortnite with your friends.
Now, you are able to play Fortnite on your Mac. Here, we have some tips to make Fortnite run better on your Mac.
- Remove apps from your hard drive and you can do it by using CleanMyMac.
- Clean up files which are fragmented on your hard drive without removing anything essential.
- Protect your Mac from viruses and other malicious software.
- Use the Optimization tool to be able to run magic scripts designed to squeeze extra performance.
- Configure your browser privacy settings and manage your cache to make sure that browsing in the background is not taxing performance in Fortnite.
So, are you ready to explore Fortnite on your Mac? If your Mac meets the requirements, then you are able to download it now and start playing Fortnite.