If you want your Fortnite account to be safe, one of the things that you are able to do is enabling 2FA. What is 2FA and how to enable it? You are able to find out the answer in this article because now we will explain about it.
First, you have to know what 2FA is. 2FA stands for Two Factor Authentication. This is a feature on Fortnite that you can set to be able to help protect your account from unauthorized access. So, if during this time you are annoyed with the hack to your account, you can enable this feature. Even if you have not experienced to be hacked but you want to prevent that kind of action from irresponsible people, you can enable 2FA now before you get hacked.
This feature can be activated for all devices because to enable it, you have to access the site of Epic Games, login and then there are some steps that you have to do there to set 2FA. So, whatever device that you use for playing Fortnite, you are able to enable this feature. What about Xbox? If you play Fortnite on Xbox, you can enable this feature as well.
How to enable 2FA so that our account can be safe? You have to follow the instructions below.
- First, you have to go to epicgames.com/2FA and then login to your account.
- After that, you have to access Account Settings and then click on Password & Security tab so that you are able to view your security settings.
- Now, at the bottom of the page exactly under the Two Factor Authentication heading, you need to click to Enable Authenticator APP or Enable Email Authentication as your two-factor method.
So, in the last step above, you are able to choose whether you want to enable the authenticator app or enable email authentication. In case you choose to use an authenticator app for the two step verification, there are some recommended authenticator apps that you are able to find in your mobile device app store. Here they are and you can choose one of them.
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
Based on the Epic Games, if you have enabled 2FA, you will get some items in the Save the World. Those items are 10 Backpack Slots, 50 Armory Slots, and 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama. You can also unlock the Boogiedown Emote in Fortnite Royale Battle as a reward if you enable 2FA feature.
If you want to disable this feature due to some reasons, you are able to do that by following these steps.
- First, access your account page and then sign in.
- Then, you have to select the tab Password & Security.
- Now, select the Disable button related to the 2FA method that you enabled: Disable Authenticator App or Disable Email Authentication.
It is very easy to disable and even to enable it again. So, make sure that your account can be safe by enabling this feature.