You will need an Epic Games account if you want to enable cross platform. For this case, you can register for an Epic Games account on the developer’s official site. You have to note that your Epic Games account is a thing which binds Fortnite together across all platforms. Finally, you will use it to make a cross-platform party that lets everybody play Fortnite together.
By the way, how to enable cross platform Fortnite Xbox one? In this case, if you want to play with friends across platforms, so your friends have to link their platform’s account to their Epic Games account. If you have an Epic Games account, now you can link Fortnite to your Xbox accounts on the game’s official site. On Switch, you are going to be prompted to login when you start the game of Fortnite. Here is a way to enable cross Platform Fortnite on Xbox.
FORTNITE CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY ON XBOX
As a user of Xbox, you can crossplay with the players on PS4, Mac, PC or mobile as long as you have already linked your Xbox One account with your Epic Games account. To play with others on PC, Mac and mobile (Android and iOS) while you are on Xbox One, just follow these steps below:
- Please link your Epic Games account with your Xbox Live account. Do this at the official Fortnite site.
- After that, you are able to add the people you want to play with as an Epic Games friend from the Epic Games Launcher on PC, Mac, mobile (Android and iOS) or through the main menu of the game on Xbox One.
- Now, you are able to hit the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and then navigate to Epic Friends in the menu that loads.
- Afterwards, you have to set your Fortnite privacy settings to Public or Friends.
- Then, you need to select Duos or Squad mode.
- Finally, at the moment your friends on another platform are able to join your game.
In other case, if you are on Mac, PC, mobile, or PS4 and you want to play with a friend on Xbox, just follow these steps below:
- Please link your Epic Games account with your Xbox Live account.
- After that, you are able to add your friend as an Epic Games friend from the Epic Games Launcher on Xbox One.
- The next step that you have to do is to ask the Xbox One player to set their Fortnite privacy settings to Public or Friends.
- Now, you are able to join your friend’s lobby.
For your information, Fortnite on Xbox One has a unique cross-play notification that pop up when you load Save the World for the first time and when a friend on mobile (Android and iOS) or PC joins your party. In this case, if you do not want to see that notification anymore, so simply you are able to disable it in Settings > Game menu.