How can you fix in-game audio issues in Fortnite for PC? In this article, we are going to share some solutions that you can take to fix Fix Fortnite audio not working for PC.
SOLUTION 1 – DISABLE VISUALIZE SOUND EFFECTS
The most common solution to this issue is to be found in the in-game settings menu. It concerns the sound visualization effects that should improve the gaming experience for hear impaired gamers. Now, you need to disable visualize sound effects. To do that, follow these steps below:
- Start the game.
- Open Settings.
- Select the Accessibility tab.
- Toggle the “Visualize Sound Effects” feature off.
SOLUTION 2 – RUN FORTNITE AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
Here is how to run Fortnite and Epic Games Launcher as an administrator:
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Fortnite desktop shortcut and then open Properties.
- After that, you are able to select the Compatibility tab.
- Next, you will need to check the “Run this program as an administrator” box and confirm the selection.
- Please do the same for the Epic Games Launcher.
SOLUTION 3 – CHECK SOUND OPTIONS FOR FORTNITE
As you may know, there are dedicated sound settings for individual apps. If the Fortnite sound is muted in there, so you will need to unmute it. You are able to follow these instructions to confirm Fortnite is not muted in system sound settings:
- Please open Fortnite. Pressing the Windows key + M key to minimize it.
- Then, press Windows key + I to summon the Settings app.
- Select System.
- Select Sound from the left pane.
- Ensure both input and output devices are not muted. You are able to test them and run the troubleshooter if they will not work.
- Now, you are able to open Advanced sound options.
- You should see Fortnite on the list. Please ensure it is not muted.
SOLUTION 4 – SET THE DEFAULT PLAYBACK DEVICE
Sometime, some users especially have the issue with headphones and an external microphone. This may happen because those sound output /input devices are not set as the default playback devices in system settings. That is also a probable reason why your microphone or speakers/headphones do not work while you are playing Fortnite. Here is how to set the default output and input sound device in Windows 10:
- Please ensure that your sound input or output device (headphones, speakers, or mic) are plugged in.
- Then, close the game.
- Now, you have to right-click on the Sound icon and open Sound from the contextual menu.
- The next step that you have to do is to select the Playback tab.
- Right-click on the device you use and set it as default.
- Just do the same for the Recording device.
SOLUTION 5 – CHECK SOUND DRIVERS
- You have to right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Then, you can expand the section of sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on the sound device’s driver and uninstall the device.
- Restart your PC and the latest driver should be administered automatically.