When we are enthusiastic to play Fortnite on Mac and then when we try to open it, the launcher does not work. Surely, it will be annoying and ruin your mood, right? However, if it happens to you, do not be angry or sad, because there are some ways that you can do to fix this issue.
One of the ways that you can do to fix this issue is that you are able to try to do is right clicking on the Epic Games app on your Mac and then click on Open or you can click on it and press Open. Then, there will be a message pop up which says that “are you sure you want to open it?”. Just click on Open button. Then, the Epic Games will download the updates so that you have to wait for a minute. If the process is done, it will say verifying update but it’s going to open another update that is bigger than that one. Then, it will be like this until it crashes.
So, to be able to fix this issue and also if you just open it and then it crashes, you are able to try to go to Applications where you plug this into the Applications folder and then you will right click and then press on Open. It will open the Epic Games launcher so that you have to wait for that to open. It should open normally and you are able to play Fortnite now.
You are able to watch some videos about fixing this kind of issue when you open Fortnite on your Mac. Here are some videos that you are able to watch.
- A video of Raptor entitled How to Fix Fortnite Launcher not Opening (Mac) which was uploaded on August 12th, 2018.
- A video of tech How entitled Fortnite – Loading Screen Crash FIX for Mac which was uploaded on May 20th, 2018.
There are also some other ways that you can do to fix this issue especially if your device is Windows.
In Task Manager, You Can End The Epic Games Launcher Process
- You can try to end the Epic Games Launcher process in Task Manager. To do this, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard at the same time to open Task Manager.
- Then, choose EpicGamesLauncher in the task manager and click on End task.
- Now, you can run Epic Games Launcher.
Adjust Your Display Settings
If the method above cannot work, you can try to adjust your display settings. How to do that?
- First, you have to right click an empty area of the desktop and then choose Display Settings.
- Then, make sure that it is set to 100% in the Scale and Layout section.
- Now, you can try to run Epic Games Launcher again to see whether the issue has gone or not.
Well, you are able to try the methods above to fix the issue of your Epic Games launcher which cannot open. Hopefully, it can help you so that you can play Fortnite again.