You may having Fortnite matchmaking issue, so you come to this page to find out the solution. Usually, the error is triggered once you are trying to enter a lobby in Fortnite: Battle Royale mode. Well, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the causes of the issue and provide you with easy solutions.
WHAT CAUSES THE MATCHMAKING ISSUE IN FORTNITE?
Actually, the cause of the matchmaking issue cannot be specified to a specific bug. But, there are some of the most common reasons are:
- Updates: Whenever Epic Games delivers an update to Fortnite game, there are millions of players who trying to download the game simultaneously. Of course, this type of traffic has an effect on their servers which are responsible for the matchmaking hence causing the problem.
- Huge Queue Stacking: Whenever you click the Play button in the game, you are placed in a queue for matchmaking where many players have clicked on the button simultaneously. It may gets rushed, so causing problems with the server.
HOW TO FIX THE MATCHMAKING ISSUE IN FORTNITE?
METHOD 1: RESTARTING FORTNITE
This will be the most basic troubleshooting step in the way to solve the matchmaking error. In this method, you need to close Fortnite the launcher completely before you restart them.
- The first thing that you have to do is to right click on taskbar. Then, you can choose Task Manager.
- In the task manager, you will be able to look for Epic Games Launcher and then left-click on it.
- After that, you have to right-Click on it and select End Task.
- Now, you are able to right-click on Fortnite and click on End Task.
- The next step that you have to do is to open the Epic Games Launcher and launch Fortnite
- The last, you are able to try to connect to the server and it should work.
If this method does not work for you, please do not worry because it is the most basic troubleshooting step. Now, you are able to move on towards the next solution. If you are on a PS4, please reboot your PS4.
METHOD 2: CHANGING MATCHMAKING REGION
If the server in your matchmaking region is having issues, so you are able to try changing the matchmaking region in order to solve that issue. Just follow these steps below:
- In the top right-hand corner, you have to click on the menu icon.
- After that, you need to choose the settings icon.
- Now, on the top, you are able to click on the gear icon and change the matchmaking region.
- Please apply these settings and try to play after returning to the game.
METHOD 3: CHANGING DATE & TIME SETTINGS
The game may be encountering problems trying to verify your connection to the server if your date and time settings are messed up. So, in this step, we are going to make sure all of your date and time settings are correct for which. If you are experiencing this error on PS4, so you are able to change the Date and Time from Settings > Date and Time.