If you find an issue when you are playing Fortnite, it may be annoying. The worst thing is that you do not know what to do to fix the issue. If you find that the FPS is low on Fortnite, you can fix it. In this article, we are going to explain how to fix low FPS on Fortnite.
There are several methods that you are able to try when you find that the FPS is low on Fortnite. So, what are they? Here they are.
Check Your Internet Connection Speed
The network latency will cause low FPS Fortnite issue if your internet connection speed is too slow. So, you have to test whether your internet connection speed is too slow or not by following the steps below.
- First, you have to access the official website of SpeedTest.
- Then, click on Go to start testing your connection speed.
If then the result shows that the speed of your internet connection is slower than usual, you should turn to your Internet service provider (ISP) for further support.
Check Whether Your PC Meets The Minimum System Requirements For Fortnite
Fortnite FPS can be low if your PC fails to meet the minimum hardware requirements of the game. You are able to check whether your PC meets its minimum hardware requirements.
The minimum system requirements for Fortnite is like this:
- Operating System : Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or Mac OS X
- Processor : i3 2.4 Ghz
- Memory : 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card : Intel HD 4000
However, the recommended system requirements for Fortnite is like this:
- Operating System : Window 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor : i5 2.8 Ghz
- Memory : 8 GB RAM
- Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
- Video Memory : 2 GB VRAM
Note, that you may have to upgrade your hardware if your PC fails to meet the minimum system requirements of Fortnite.
Install The Latest Fortnite Patch
It is important for you to know that the developers of Fortnite release regular game patches to be able to fix bugs. So, it is possible that a recent patch has caused this issue and that a new patch is required to be able to fix it. You are able to follow the steps below to check for the latest Fortnite patch if you run Fortnite from the Epic Games Launcher.
- First, you have to run the Epic Games Launcher.
- After that, on the left panel, you need to click on Library. Then, click the gear button on the lower right corner of Fortnite.
- Now, you have to turn on the toggle beside Auto update.
- In this step, you have to restart the Epic Games Launcher.
- If there is a patch, it will be detected by the Epic Games Launcher and the recent Fortnite patch will be automatically downloaded and installed on your PC.
From the three methods above, you are able to try the first method. Then, if the first method does not work, you are able to try to apply the next method to fix low FPS on Fortnite.