This article consists of some methods to fix stutters, reduce input delay and improve your FPS in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2. Most people probably know that Fortnite in game performance and frames are at an all time low. Building and editing is always delayed, people are getting big FPS drops and stutters, and no one is getting close to the same FPS they had before this season.
Fortunately, there are a few tips and tricks that you can use to optimize the performance of your PC and make Fortnite run better. The good news is that these will work on consoles (PS4 or Xbox One) since you will need a Windows computer with Nvidia or AMD graphics card. Apparently, Epic Games just released a console FPS boost patch that will help all players out.
In order to fix stutters and reduce input delay in Fortnite, the first thing that you have to do is to run the Disable HPET file as Admin then click enter after 2 second when it opens. Now do the following in the timer resolution exe file. Making it Run as admin always. Then, open it and click Maximum that will remove Input Delay insanely. Please keep it running while gaming. Do not forget to always set it to Maximum. For this step, clic Windows Key+R and type in %localappdata%. Click FortniteGame > Saved > Config [Delete everything in CrashReportCLient] > WindowsClient then delete everything in [Crashes, Logs, WebCache, Demos [Replay Files]. Now go to WindowsClient > GameUSerSettings. Make DisplayGamma into 1. Set FrameRateLimit to 237 if you have 240Hz monitor, 177FPS ~ 180hz, and 117FPS ~ 120hz. Set everything in this group to zero, except for Resolution Quality. Set bPreferD3D12InGame to False. Now you will disable drive indexing and compression that will boost FPS alot. Now go to your Fortnite installation folder and follow the steps: Fortnite – Fortnite Game – Binaries – Win64. Check Disable Fullscreen Optimizations and High DPI Scaling. Please do the same for all Fortnite exe.
If you are looking for the video that explains the best way to improve your FPS, fix stutters and remove any input delay in the game, then the video by itsJerian on Youtube will definitely help you out. Aside from that, it will boost your FPS, make your game run smoother, and help you win more games in Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 2 Season 2. Before anything, you can follow their Fortnite settings and so on.
- Resolution: 1920×1080 (Native)
- DPI: 400 (56 eDPI)
- In game Sens: 140 (X & Y sens)
- ADS Sens: 250 (Targeting Sensitivity)
- Scoped Sens: 300 (sniper Sensitivity)
- All Low Settings + No Colorblind Mode
- Mouse: FinalMouse Ninja Air58 (Cherry Blossom Red)
- Mousepad: Zowie Divina G-SR-SE (Deep Blue)
- Keyboard: Apex Pro TKL (OmniPoint Switches | Actuation: 1)
- Headset: HyperX Cloud Alphas
- Monitor: Dell Alienware AW2518H 25” 240Hz + ViewSonic XG2402 24″ 144Hz
- Bungee: Glorious Mouse Bungee (White)
- Mic: Sennheiser e835
- Cam: Logitech c920 Webcam (HD 720p)
Computer (PC) Specs:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1070Ti
- RAM: 16 GB G Skill NT Series
- Motherboard: MSI B360I Gaming Pro AC Mini-ITX
- Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Hyper Evo
- Power Supply: EVGA 80 Plus Bronze 500W 1 x Western Digital 1 TB Hard Drive
- Case: NZXT H200 Mini-ITX Matte Black