When you are playing Fortnite, you may get some little issues related to Mic problems. Of course, you are not alone with it. In fact, there are other players who have the same problem.
However, an unworkable Mic in Fortnite is a common problem that usually happens in Fortnite. It means that you can fox it easily if you follow any steps correctly.
Well we are here to guide you in fixing your unworkable Mic when you are playing Fortnite. Make sure that you follow our instructions below without any steps missing. Here are the ways:
How to Fix Fortnite Mic Not Working?
At least there are 5 ways which will help you to get back your mic working in Fortnite.
Way 1: Adjust Your Mic as Your Default Device
A lot of Fortnite players will set their mic as the default recording device on Pc. To fix it using the way 1 as follow:
- Firstly, you have to disable Voice Chat in Fortnite first. To disable it, you can click the 3 lines on the top right, choose the cog icon to open the settings menu. Choose the speaker icon to see the Audio settings. Then, turn off Voice Chat. Click Apply.
- Then, close Fortnite
- After that, right-click the volume icon in the bottom right part of the screen. Click Sounds.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Then, right-click on the device you want to use. After that, choose Set as Default Device. In this step, you can try to speak into your microphone to test. If it is workable, you can see a green bar rising next to it while you speak.
- After that, right click on and disable every other input device except the one you really want to use.
- Click OK.
- Then, open Fortnite again. Go to the settings menu and turn on the Voice Chat.
- Finally, you can join a squad or duo to test your microphone.
Way 2: Restart the Windows Audio Service
This is another way if the first way is not working.
- First, you can press Windows logo keyError! Filename not specified.+ + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then, type service.msc. Click Ok.
- After that, you should find Windows Audio and right click. Then, click Restart on the upper left.
- Then, close the Service window
- You can relaunch the Fortnite again to check whether your mic is working or not now.
Way 3: Check for Windows Updates
Sometimes, your microphone device will not work for some Window version, so you can check it out by following these steps below!
- First, you need to type “update” in the window search box. Press Enter.
- Then, click check in the pop-up window for updates.
- If you find that you are using a lower version of windows, it is time for you to update your Windows OS to Windows 10.
- After that, install all identified updates to troubleshoot the issues.
We guarantee that your microphone will work back well by using some excellent ways above. If your microphone is still not working, you kindly have to find other solutions. But, those ways promisingly will be working a lot. Make sure to not miss any steps!