Fortnite is known as the largest game, so if you know a person who games regularly, there is a good chance they are playing it. Actually the game itself is 100% free, but players need to use in game V-Bucks to buy customizations.
While you are not able to directly gift V-Bucks to another player, you have a couple of options that can help you to get them. The first one is to buy them a gift for their platform of choice and the second one is to buy a bundle with specific content.
If you want to buy a gift card for someone’s platform of choice, the firts thing that you have to do is to figure out what platform your gamer usually plays on. Since there is no such thing as a Fortnite gift card, you need to buy a card for the specific platform.
- PlayStation: PlayStation Store Gift Card is needed if they play on PlayStation.
- Xbox: Xbox players will need an Xbox Gift Card.
- Nintendo Switch: For the players of Nintendo Switch, you will have to grab a Nintendo eShop gift card.
- PC: there is a specific store for PC gamers to buy Fortnite stuff from, but you are able to get them a generic pre-paid Visa to use towards in game currency.
- Android: Since Fortnite uses its own launcher of Epic Games (like the PC version), a pre-paid debit card is the best one.
- iOS: Since Fortnite is available from the iOS App Store, the best answer is iTunes gift card.
Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, and the other retailers usually carry physical versions of platform specific gift cards, that you are able to stick inside an envelope for your gamer to unwrap on their Winter Solstice holiday of practice.
The player will have to redeem the gift or debit card on their own once they get back to their system, but after that, they are able to use that money to buy anything from those digital stores. It means they are able to buy another game, downloadable content, or Fortnite’s VBucks. The thing the player chooses to use the gift card will be up to them, you have to way to force them to use it on V-Bucks.
For those who want to make sure your gamer gets something they can use in game, Fortnite also offers specific outfits as downloadable content. Apparently, those are digital items you purchase in stores. For instance, your gamer is able to get the Summit Striker Pack, that can unlock the Summit Striker outfit, the Top Notch Bling Pack and 600 V-Bucks. Another one is called the Deep Freeze Bundle. This one costs $30 and unlocks the winter themed Frostbite Outfit, Cold Front Glider, Chill Axe Pickaxe, and 1,000 V-Bucks. In case your game already has any of those cosmetic items mentioned before, they will instead receive a comparable amount of V-Bucks. For your information, this bundle is available digitally, or in stores like Best Buy, so you still have something for your gamer to unwrap on the holidays.