The game of Fortnite is free, but the players need to use in-game V-Bucks to buy customizations. By the way, can you give Vbucks to someone in Fortnite? You have to know that you cannot directly gift V-Bucks to another player. But, you have a couple of options to help them get their Fortnite fix; buy them a gift card for their platform of choice, or you are able to buy a bundle with specific content.
BUY A GIFT CARD FOR THEIR PLATFORM
The first thing that you have to do is figure out what platform your gamer usually plays on. Since there is no such thing as a “Fortnite gift card”, you have to buy a card for the specific platform. For example:
- PlayStation: If they play on PlayStation, so a PlayStation Store gift card is going to do the trick.
- Xbox: if they play on Xbox One, please give them a gift card for Xbox One.
- Nintendo Switch: if they play on Nintendo Switch, so you are able to give them an eShop gift card.
- PC: There is not a specific store for PC gamers to buy Fornite stuff from, but you are able to get them a generic pre-paid Visa to use towards in-game currency.
- Android: The same goes for Android players, since the game uses Epic’s own launcher (like the PC version), a pre-paid debit card is the way to go.
- iOS: Since Fortnite is available from the iOS App Store, an iTunes gift card is the best answer here.
For note: Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers usually carry physical versions of platform-specific gift cards that you are able to stick inside an envelope for your gamer to unwrap on their Winter Solstice holiday of practice.
The player is going to need to redeem the gift or debit card on their own once they get back to their system, but after that, they are able to use that money to buy anything from those digital stores. It means that they are able to buy another game, downloadable content, or Fortnite’s V-Bucks. What the player selects to use the gift card for will be up to them, you have no way to force them to use it on V-Bucks.
Additionally, if you want to ensure they get something they are able to use in-game, Fortnite also offers specific outfits as downloadable content (these are digital items you purchase in stores). For example, your gamer is able to get The Summit Striker Pack that unlocks the Summit Striker outfit, the Top Notch Bling Pack and 600 V-Bucks. Another option is the Deep Freeze Bundle. This costs $30 and unlocks the Cold Front Glider, winter-themed Frostbite Outfit, Chill-Axe Pickaxe, and 1,000 V-Bucks. If your gamer already has any of those cosmetic items, so they are going to instead receive a comparable amount of V-Bucks. This package is available digitally, or in the stores like Walmart or Best Buy, so you still have something for your gamer.