Now, account Merge is available in Fortnite. Let us learn all about the new feature in this guide, including its guidelines, how it works and how to set it up. We are sure that you are at this page to find out these information. So, just keep staying on this page.
ABOUT ACCOUNT MERGING
Integrate 2 Accounts into One
Nowadays, the players of Fortnite with multiple accounts have the option to combine their accounts into one with the new Account Merge feature. Unlike Account Linking, merging accounts are going to transfer cosmetic items and v-bucks between accounts.
Only Works if One of the Accounts is Linked to the PSN
You have to remember that account merging cannot work between the accounts from the same platform. It is a requirement that one of the accounts should be linked or played on the PSN.
Transfer Cosmetic Items and V-Bucks
By merging accounts, the cosmetic items and available V-Bucks of the Secondary Account are going to be transferred into the Primary Account. But, Creative Islands, cannot be merged and is going to be deleted in the Secondary Account.
Cosmetic Items Included in the Merge
There are some cosmetics items included in the merge. Those are the skins, gliders, Pickaxes, and emotes.
Console Logins will be Linked to Primary Account
Upon merging, the Primary Account is going to be linked to the console logins of the Secondary Account if there are any. This includes console logins for the Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Online.
Ends of May 6, 2019
Based on the research, the Account Merge feature is going to be closed off on May 6, 2019. So, you have to ensure that you have already merged your accounts or you may not have the chance to do so again.
HOW TO MERGE FORTNITE ACCOUNTS
- At the first step, you have to head to Epic Game’s Account Merge Page. You have to remember that Account Merging can only be done from the Epic Games Fortnite page. There you will be able to see the “Get Started” button to start the account merging and.
- The second step, please log-in primary account. You need to assign which account will be the Primary Account through the log in. Please remember that the Primary Account is going to be the merged account and the Secondary One is going to be disabled.
- After that, you need to banned or disabled accounts cannot be merged. Fortnite accounts that have been banned cannot be used to merge, regardless if it is as the Primary or Secondary Account.
- Now, you are able to enter the Security Code. Usually, a Security code will be sent to the email address of the Primary Account. Please enter the code correctly to proceed to the next step.
- The last, you have to repeat Steps 2 & 3 for the Secondary Account. Please do the same steps for the Secondary Account. If you do not have an account linked or played on the PSN, so it will give an error that the Merge cannot push through. Then, if all details are met, the merge will be successful.