A lot of devices can be used for playing Fortnite such as PC, Xbox One, Android, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and PS4. However, sometimes it does not work well or even cannot work at all on some devices. How about playing Fortnite on iPad Mini 2? Can we play Fortnite on iPad Mini 2? If we can, how to do that?
The first thing that you have to know when you play Fortnite in a device is that the device must be compatible with Fortnite. Your device must be able to support Fortnite so that you can download Fortnite on it.
Based on Epic Games site, Fortnite on iOS can work with these devices:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 2017
- iPad Pro
However, Fortnite cannot work in some iOS devices like these:
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPod Touch
As you are able to see from the list above that iPad Mini 2 cannot be used for playing Fortnite. So, you have to search another device for playing Fortnite such as PC, Android, Nintendo Switch, or PS4. But if you want to play Fortnite on iOS, make sure that the device that you have is listed in the list of iOS devices which can work with Fortnite above.
If you want to play Fortnite on your iOS, it is recommended for you to use iOS 12.0 or later. It is because iOS 12.0 and later substantially improves the stability and performance of Fortnite and even for other games. If you use earlier versions of iOS, you will deal with significant performance issues.
If you are sure that your iOS device can work with Fortnite, now you are able to download Fortnite. How to do that? You are able to find Fortnite apps on App Store so you are able to download it there.
Here, we have some facts that you need to know about Fortnite on iOS.
- Fortnite supports the use of Bluetooth headsets for audio usage but it cannot work for voice chat.
- On iOS, Fortnite also supports most MFi controllers including the Gamevice and Steelseries Nimbus.
- Mouse and Keyboard is not supported on iOS devices. If you use them on iOS, you will be removed from the match.
- Voice chat is available on iOS devices.
- The HUD can be customized. To do that, you just have to tap the settings in-game and click the HUD Layout Tool. The HUD Layout Tool permits you to move, resize and add buttons from the extra sections.
- Fortnite: Save the World does not come to iOS devices.
- Creative Mode is available on iOS devices.
- These iOS devices are able to support 60 FPS: XS, XR, iPad Pro 2018, iPad Pro 2017 10.5, iPhone 8, XS Max and iPhone 8 Plus.
So, for you who have iPad Mini 2, you cannot play Fortnite on it. Just play Fortnite on other devices. If you insist on playing Fortnite on iOS, you are able to choose the suitable iOS to play Fortnite as we mentioned above.