Fortnite has created cross-play between Xbox and PS4. Now, the players on both Xbox One and PS4 will be grouped into the same match by default. There are lots of players who have been waiting for this feature to be implemented fully. However, there is a small group of players who likely do not want this.
If you are at this page to find out the information about how to turn off cross platform in Fortnite, so you are able to keep continue reading this article until end. Although there is a way out of this. But we think that it makes playing Fortnite a lot less fun. It means that doing turn off cross platform will restricts you to only being able to play the Creative and Playground modes in Fortnite game.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF CROSS-PLAY IN FORTNITE
- In the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite, you need to select either a Solo or Squads game.
- After that, you have to click the triangle to initiate a game.
- Then, a pop-up will appear asking you to either confirm or decline cross-platform play.
- Now, you are able to select decline, opting yourself out of the cross-play features.
You have to remember that opting yourself out of cross-play are going to lock out most of what Fortnite has to offer. We remind you once again, it only limiting you to its Creative and Playground modes. Fortunately, you are able to head into the settings of Fortnite and change this if you make a mistake, but please ensure to really read and understand the choice before making it.
As we know that with the release of Fortnite Chapter 2, Epic released the new skilled match making. Apparently, the console players are now at a severe disadvantage after being matched up against players using keyboard and mouse. Not to worry with the settings on your PS4 or Xbox One, you can disable cross platform play completely. However, you have to note that it disables cross platform across all games and not only Fortnite.
HOW TO DISABLE CROSS PLATFORM
If you are on Xbox One, you can disable cross-platform Fortnite by turning off cross-platform play. We get information that one of Reddit users explained the steps you will take to disable cross-play on each platform, it will only work for the Solos playlist.
- At the first step, you have to go to Settings.
- After that, you are able to go to your Account.
- Then, you need to navigate Privacy & Online Safety.
- Afterwards, you have to click Xbox Live Privacy and View Details and Customize.
- The last step, you only need to select Block Matchmaking Outside Xbox Live.
This is a way to disable cross-platform Fortnite on Xbox One. In other case, if in one day you want to enable cross-platform Fortnite on Xbox One, so simply you are able to turn on it. If you are on PS4, you are able to disable cross-platform Fortnite by doing these steps: Settings > Control Options > Scroll down to Allow Cross Platform Parties.