In Fortnite, there are some features that you are able to use for making your Fortnite account safe. One of the features is 2FA. By enabling this feature, your Fortnite account will be safe since when you log in, you will be sent a code so that only you who can sign in. It means that this feature will avoid you from hackers.
If you enable 2FA, you will not only be able to make your account safe but also you can unlock the Boogie Down Emote in the Fortnite Battle Royale. Even in the Save the World, you are able to unlock 50 Armory Slots, 10 Backpacks Slots and 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama. What is 2FA actually? And how to enable and disable it?
2FA stands for Two Factor Authentication. This is a feature on Fortnite which will allow you to require a code from a device that you have before you are able to login. If you activate this feature, it will make hacker difficult to gain unauthorized access to your account. So, when you sign in using your password, you will receive a security code. The code that you receive is good for one use, over a short period of time. The code will be sent to you via the verification method that you selected in your Account Settings. Currently, you are able to get the 2FA security code via either an authentication app or via your Epic Games email address.
To enable 2FA so that you can protect your Fortnite account, you can follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is accessing Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings page, click on the Password & Security tab so that you are able to view your Security Settings.
- After that, at the bottom of the page, under the Two Factor Authentication heading, click to Enable Authenticator App or Enable Email Authentication as your two factor method. So, here you are able to select which method that you want to select whether you want to enable it using the Authenticator apps or email address.
In case you want to use an authenticator app for two step authentication, there are some authenticator apps that you are able to find in your mobile device app store and those are Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator and Authy.
There may be a moment where you want to disable or unlock 2FA since you think that it will be okay and it is too complicated enough to get a code before you sign in. Well, if you want to disable or unlock this feature, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to visit your account.
- Then, you have to choose the tab Password & Security.
- After that, choose the Disable button related to the 2FA method that you enabled whether Disable Authenticator App or Disable Email Authentication.
It is easy to enable 2FA and to disable it. You can follow the steps that we explained above. If you think that you need 2FA to be enabled, you can enable it. But, if you think that it is okay without enabling this feature, you can disable it.