50vs50 is known as a Battle Royale Limited Time Mode or LTM. It is where two teams of 50 fight for victory. This one was the first LTM to be added to Battle Royale. The developer of Fortnite called Epic Games revealed the LTM at The Game Awards on December 6, 2017 and released it the following day.
The mode called 50vs50 is currently in its fourth version. This one was released in Patch 3.5.2 on April 18, 2018. As for V3, it was released on June 11, 2018. The newest mode is Soaring 50s where you are able to redeploy your glider at any height.
Due to LTM being a large squad mode, Profile Stats are not tracked. Both Daily and Weekly challenges still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges. Apparently, 50vs50 was removed on October 17, 2018.
These following are the things that you need to know about the storm and the map:
- Every team has a bus, approaching the island from the opposite directions. On the map, the blue outline is the friendly bus while the red one is the enemy. Aside from that, the path lines of the bust also have the same colors. On the other words, the enemy bus has a red path line and the friendly one has blue.
- There is a dotted line on the map that indicates the battle lines between the two teams. Keep in mind that crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- At the start, the final storm circle visible on the minimap.
- All the player have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then they have 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Apparently, supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall each two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Adding the dotted line to the map indicates the battle lines between the two teams and crossing it will make running into enemies more likely.
- All friendly players are able to be seen in the map with a blue marker and shown as a blue arrow. For the 3 people in your squad, they will be shown with their colors instead of friendly blue.
If you want to try the 50vs50, you can watch the reference on some platforms such as Youtube. One of the Youtuber who made a video about 50vs50 is called Jelly. Jelly or Jelle Van Vucht is a Dutch Youtuber known for his gaming and vlogging videos. The video of him about 50vs50 was uploaded on December 15, 2017. Since the first time its uploade, it has gained 785.766 views and 24k likes. The video shows the worlds greatest Fortnite 50 vs 50 battle. Please go to his official Youtube channel if you want to know the details. Aside from that one, there are about 200 videos about Fortnite Battle Royale uploaded by him. Feel free to watch all of them.