The trending news about Fortnite evidently has shocked many Fortnite players. What is the trending news? Indeed, the most influential figure coming from White House, Donald Trump was rumored to ban one of the hottest video games in the world, that’s Fortnite. Is it true?
Recently, Donald Trump has signed an Executive Order to ban any US business dealings with WeChat parent company, that’s Tencent within 45 days. In this chance, Trump’s order against Tencent was issued simultaneously with his executive order against TikTok’s parent company ByteDance. As we know that there was any rumour in which Donald Trump really wanted to ban TikTok App in US.
As we know that Tencent has numerous stakes in the gaming industry involving many popular games in the world. It includes 40% stake in Epic Games, 100% stake in Riot Games, and 80% of mobile gaming company Supercell (Clash Royale and Clash of Clans).
What are Donald Trump’s reasons for banning Fortnite?
Donald Trump revealed that any social platforms such as WeChat and TikTok are still huge in the tech world. In this case, TikTok has been the major focus of the recent conversations with the Trump administration.
So as with any video games, it is such an addictive thing that people who play the game kindly spend hours and hours in the game. At least, there are possibly some main reasons why many influential people want to ban any games in the US. Here are they:
- Fortnite shows the kind of a lawsuit for its loot boxes target with some having been accused of being predators in real life.
- Fortnite was created to addict. The addiction here means to keep anyone in front of a computer or another device as long as possible. So, it was so irresponsible at all.
- Fortnite will cause addiction especially for children. So, the children live individually and tend to be anti-social people.
- Playing games will impact seriously on issues of mental health. Anyone who cannot control their time in playing games will place them in dangerous health. It is because while playing games many people tend to forget their meals, to do sport, and anymore.
- Fortnite is more dangerous than social media because it is normalized and there are no restrictions to it.
Is it true that Donald Trump wants to ban Fortnite?
Related to the issue about Donald Trump who wants to ban Fortnite in the US, of course, there is no clear official announcement that Fortnite should be banned in the US as soon as possible. On the other hand, it is still a vague thing which makes some parties in debate.
As Donald Trump revealed that a severe band of any transactions with any popular game industry involved Tencent as 40% stake of Epic games, the developer of Fortnite. Based on the theory, the transactions have a major impact on the gaming industry at large. But, the open-ended wording of executive order has been confirmed.
So, in this chance, we will not said that Donald Trump will really ban Fortnite because he just revealed about the transaction of gaming from Tencent’s stakes.