Now, you may face the problem where you cannot connect to Fortnite servers. You do not worry about this problem. Although it is incredibly frustrating, you are definitely not the only person to get this problem. There are lots of Fortnite players who have recently reported the same problem. Now, we are going to share some methods to fix this problem.
METHOD 1: MODIFY THE SHORTCUT OF THE EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER
If you run Fortnite from the Epic Games Launcher, so you are able to try modifying the shortcut of the Epic Games Launcher to see if you are able to connect to Fortnite servers. Please follow these steps below:
- Firstly, you have to close Fortnite and the Epic Games Launcher. Then, you have to end all the processes of Fortnite and the Epic Games Launcher.
- After that, you are able to reconnect your Internet connection.
- On your desktop, you need to right-click the shortcut of Epic Games Launcher.
- Afterwards, you have to select Properties.
- In this step, you have to click the Shortcut tab. In the text box next to Target, you are able to press space bar and add -http=wininet to the end of its target. Just click “OK” to save the change.
- On your desktop, you can right-click the shortcut of Epic Games Launcher and click Run as administrator. You will be prompted for permission. Just click Yes to run the Epic Games Launcher and see if you are able to connect to Fortnite. If you are still unable to connect to Fortnite servers, so you may need to verify Fortnite game files.
METHOD 2: INSTALL THE LATEST FORTNITE PATCH
You have to know that the developers Epic Games release regular game patches to fix the bugs. It is possible that a recent patch has triggered this problem, so that a new patch is required to fix it. You are able to follow the instructions below to check for the latest Fortnite patch:
- At the first step, you are able to run the Epic Games Launcher.
- On the left panel, you have to click Library. On the right, you are able to click the gear button on the lower-right corner of Fortnite.
- Please turn on the toggle next to Auto update.
- Now, you are able to restart the Epic Games Launcher.
- If a patch is available, it is going to be detected by the Epic Games Launcher and the latest Fortnite patch is going to be automatically downloaded and installed once you launch Fortnite.
- Please run Fortnite again to check if you are able to connect to Fortnite servers or not.
METHOD 3: UPDATE YOUR NETWORK DRIVER
If the network driver on your PC is outdated, it may cause this problem. For this case, you are able to update your network driver to see if this problem persists. Apparently, there are two methods to update your network driver: manually and automatically. For manually, you are able to go to the manufacturer’s website, and then searching for the latest driver for your network adapter.