As we know that Fortnite now has a Gift feature where players are able to send gift to other players in the form of skins and some other collectibles items. However, some items are not allowed to be gifted so that you need to know what items are allowed to be gifted. How about gifting a skin to someone but actually he has had the skin?
Some Requirements for Sending Gifts in Fortnite
Before you use the Gift feature, you need to know that there are some requirements.
- First, you need to enable 2FA (Two Factor Authentication).
- You need to reach level 2 or higher.
- You can send gifts to someone you have been friends with for at least 48 hours.
- You are able to send a maximum of three gifts in 24 hour.
How To Send Gifts in Fortnite?
How to send gifts to your friend in Fortnite? Follow the steps below.
- When you are in Fortnite, you have to access in-game Item Shop.
- In the Item Shop, you have to choose the item that you want to buy.
- Now, you have to select ‘Buy As A Gift’.
- Then, you have to choose a friend and add a personal message of you want.
- Now, you are able to complete the payment.
- The item that you gift will be waiting for them in a gift box and when your friend next logs into then game, they are ready to be unwrapped.
It is also important to know that you are able to gift using Android, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One. You are not able to gift using iOS since iOS does not support it.
As mentioned earlier that not all items can be gifted. There are some items that cannot be gifted in Fortnite and those are V-Bucks, real money offers, items which are not currently in the item shop, items which are already in your locker and some store items such as Battle Pass Tier Bundles.
What Will Happen If We Gift A Skin To A Friend Already Owns?
Now, you may want to gift a skin to your friend on Fortnite but you do not know whether he has had this skin or not. You may want to ask him through through chat but you do not want to do it since you want to give him a surprise by gifting him a skin. Well, you do not have to be confused about this. If you try to gift a skin or item to your friend that already owns it, after you click on Send button, there will be a notification which says that your friend already owns this item and cannot be sent another one as a gift.
If you got this notification, then you are able to send him another item which are available in the Item Shop. Okay, it is also important for you to know that you are not able to refund the gifts so you have to make sure that you send the gifts to your friend that you want so you have to be careful when choose the name of your friend so that you do not make any mistake.