Are you a parent whose kid is begging to play Fornite? Here are some things parents need to know for kids to enjoy playing the game of Fortnite safely. If there is one thing you should know about Fortnite as a parent, apparently it is that you should not let your kid play with voice chat on.
Here is what parents need to know about Fortnite:
- Fortnite is an online shooter game that starts with a hundred players and then leaves one winner standing.
- The entire point of Fortnite game is to kill other players, but the violence is cartoon-like.
- Although the game itself seems pretty harmless, the players are able to talk and type whatever they want to each other, and bad language is rampant.
- In-app purchases is able to turn this free game into an expensive habit, with the average player spending approximately $85.
- The short matches and accessible gameplay create the game so addictive.
- You are able to regulate your child’s playtime (as well as in-app purchases) via parental controls on platforms like Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and iOS.
- If your kid is showing signs of isolation or depression because of Fortnite game, so you have to seek professional help.
FORTNITE PARENTAL CONTROLS
As we know that Fortnite provide a range of parental controls to help you control what your kid do and see on the game of Fortnite. Aside from that, there may be additional controls that you are able to set at the platform level, including controls available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, iOS, and Nintendo Switch.
HOW TO SET PARENTAL CONTROLS IN FORTNITE
- At the first step, you have to launch Fortnite on your platform.
- When you are in the lobby, please open the menu in the upper right of the screen.
- Then, you have to select “Parental Controls”.
- You are going to be asked to confirm the email address linked to the account. If no email address is linked to the account you are going to be asked to link one.
- Now, you are able to set a six digit PIN. You have to note that this PIN will be required to change parental controls in the future, so please ensure to set a PIN that is different from other PINs you use and is easy to remember.
- You are able to change the PIN from the account settings, but doing so is going to require the current PIN.
- You are able to recover a lost PIN by contacting player support.
- Please set the parental controls that you want to have enabled or disabled.
- Please use the SAVE button to save your selection.
- In the future, if you want to change any of these settings, so you need to enter your PIN. The email which associated with the account will be notified whenever a PIN is changed.