You may surely know that in Fortnite, now there is Sidegrading feature. You are able to trade-in weapon for another one of the similar class. For example, if you prefer the Tac over the Pump, you are able to trade it in at an Upgrade Bench. However, you may not know how to sidegrade and what weapons which are able to be sidegraded. Here, we are going to try to explain about it.
First, it is important for you to know that sidegrading and upgrading are two different things. What is the difference? Upgrading a weapon means that you will bump it up to the next rarity for example you can upgrade green pistol to blue pistol. Different from upgrading, sidegrading a weapon means that you will modify the gun and does not change its rarity.
Now, the question is, what weapons are able to be sidegraded? For now, the weapon in Fortnite which is able to be sidegraded is the Assault Rifle. How to be able to sidegrade weapon? If you want to sidegrade weapon, you are able to follow the steps below.
- If you want to upgrade a weapon in Fortnite, the first thing that you have to do is to go to a Weapon Upgrade Bench with an applicable weapon.
- After that, you have to select the Sidegrade Weapon option.
- You will need 20 Metal, Stone and Wood to sidegrade.
For your information, sidegrading in Fortnite has been introduced to Fortnite to the 11.40 update which was released on January 15th, 2020. The new feature will permit you to be able to sidegrade your chosen weapon rather than upgrade it. It seems that through sidegrading feature you are able to change any weapon its rarity class to another weapon in its rarity class through a Weapon Upgrade Bench. For instance, you are able to change your Assault Rifle for a Heavy Assault Rifle of the similar class by using sidegrading feature.
The process of sidegrading is very simple. Now, it is not too clear on what weapons work and don’t work with sidegrading. But, you are able to sidegrade your standard Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle. Until now, it is unknown whether this is the only sidegrading weapon that works currently or that other weapons will be added in the future. So, let’s wait for the update from Epic Games.
Talk about sidegrading, you are able to watch some videos about sidegrading on Youtube. Here are some videos that you are able to watch.
- A video of randomChievos entitled Use An Upgrade Bench To Sidegrade A Weapon In Fortnite Season 2 which was uploaded on March 5th, 2020.
- A video of Perfect Score entitled Use Upgrade Bench To Sidegrade A Weapon (3) – Fortnite TNTina’s Trial Challenges which was uploaded on March 6th, 2020.
- A video of Fortnite Events entitled Use Upgrade Bench to Sidegrade A Weapon Fortnite which was uploaded on March 5th, 2020.
- A video of gattu entitled Use Upgrade Bench To Sidegrade A Weapon – Location Guide TNTina’s Trial Week 3 Challenges Fortnite which was uploaded on March 5th, 2020.